Re: [OM] Winte has arrived!

Subject: Re: [OM] Winte has arrived!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:20:27 -0800
> From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It was way too cold this morning to even think of pictures.

The low here last night was -13.6C. (That's 7.5 degrees in Mercan.)
Very unusual for this location.

Our neighbours don't have any water. We're on the same water system,
and have water, so the problem is under their house... I'm about to go
over with a heat gun and a head lamp. Ugh, I hate crawl spaces when
it's that cold!

> On my 25 mile
> drive to work, the Jeep never did kick into overdrive.

On my 25 foot commute from the bedroom to kitchen to studio/office,
the heart rate never got into the 70's. :-)

Plugged the Jetta in for an hour, but it won't run, even with 1/3rd
dino-diesel. Bubba the Cummins Dodge has almost 100% biodiesel -- I'm
not even going to try to start that! I tried topping it off with dino
yesterday in preparation, but only got 13 litres into the 120 litre
tank. Our neighbours (who drive a whole lot more than we do) offered
the use of their car, which has 99% petro-diesel at the moment.

Think I'll take the cross-country skis out to the SE 20 acre field
with the lovely slope and see if I can still telemark...

:::: I have no doubt that it is possible to give a new direction to
technological development, a direction that shall lead it back to the
real needs of man, and that also means: to the actual size of man. Man
is small, and, therefore, small is beautiful. -- EF Schumaker ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org::::