[OM] Viewer/Studio was RE: Oly Master 2

Subject: [OM] Viewer/Studio was RE: Oly Master 2
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:57:18 -0800
IRRC the color from Viewer/Studio RAW conversion was prefered by CH over
many of the other options.

Jerry has been trying to install Viewer but ran into a problem. It asked for
data3.cab. The CD doesn't have a data3.cab. I vaguely remember there was a
windows problem when I tried to use the Setup.exe file which is found in the
root directory of the CD. I believe I eventually used the Setup.exe which is
found in the "OLYMPUS Viewer" subdirectory. After installing it I think I
might have used "Setup.exe" found in the "WinXP_Driver" subdirectory of the
CD to get the software to work.

I also found a "VIEWER151_WIN_ENU_UP.exe" and "DRIVER_WIN_ENU_UP.exe" which
I downloaded on 3/23/2007. I believe Viewer had to be installed prior to
running the updates.

Does anyone remember any missing steps or magic incantations which might
help Jerry get the software to install?

When I had talked with Olympus USA long ago when I had install problems, I
was given the impression that Olympus no longer had access to the team which
developed Viewer/Studio. The E-1 would not be supported by any new software.
Take care of your install files. They will become harder and harder to
replace.

jeff keller