Re: [OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition: TOO COMPL

Subject: Re: [OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition: TOO COMPLEX!]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:45:08 -0500
If SCSI quit working after a computer change, as Moose suggests, the
problem may be a missing "ASPI" layer from Adaptec.  At some point
Microsoft removed that from the standard OS distribution in favor of
their own interface.

Do a search on \Windows\System32 and Windows\System32\drivers for
instances of files with "ASPI" as part of the name.  If not found go to
Adaptec and download and install the ASPI interface layer.  It can be a
little hard to find unless you know exactly what you're looking for
(it's not given a lot of prominence these days) so look here:
<http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/_eol/scsi_sw/ASPI-4.70/>

To learn about ASPI you can check this Wiki page
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASPI>

Chuck Norcutt