[OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition: TOO COMPLEX!]

Subject: [OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition: TOO COMPLEX!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:17:05 -0800
Doug wrote:

> ... I know I haven't participated in TOPE except once because my SS4000 isn't
> hooked up and it really needs the dust cleaned out of it. My SCSI card quit
> working after a computer change and I haven't replaced it yet. I do have a
> Wide card but no adaptors) I suspect that is one of the reasons that TOPE is
> become heavily digital because some
> could argue that the minimal approach to electronic images is a digital
> camera.

I got my older SCSI card and driver that came with the Canon FS2710
scanner working under XP with the ASPI generic support layer from
Adaptec. A snap, once I found the right tool.

Now I'm using the generic SCSI scanner driver that comes with VueScan
for the FS4000 with no problems at all. You don't have to buy VueScan to
get it, as it comes in the trial version. But you do need something to
operate the scanner and the software that came with it may or may not
operate under your later OS. VueScan should work, though.

No Excuses Moose