[OM] c5050z raw files on Mac (was: Oly Master on Mac)

Subject: [OM] c5050z raw files on Mac (was: Oly Master on Mac)
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:41:21 +1000
Ken Norton wrote:
> Just a note on DCRAW conversions with Oly files.  [...]

One minor annoyance on my Mac was its seeming inability to deal with the
ORF files from my Oly c5050z, and the unlikelihood of Apple/Olympus (not
sure which) providing that capability. Thus, for Aperture, I've had to
use another small application to convert all of my c5050z ORF files to
DNG (Digital Negative) files. During the course of my investigations, I
noted advice on how to edit a particular system file on the iMac to tell
it that the c5050z file was a c7070z file (which it could deal with),
but it appeared subsequent upgrades removed that ability (the system
file did not appear to be where specified, nor anywhere else).

It's only a minor annoyance, because I don't use the c5050z anymore and
haven't for a long while, but it'd be nice if it did. Hell, it might
even have me get out the c5050z again (I always liked the images
obtained from its ("Super")macro ability).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery