Re: [OM] OM-3Ti Camera Review on Zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3Ti Camera Review on Zone-10
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 18:36:47 -0500
I enjoyed that one and learned a bit that surprised me.  As long as I've
shot with OMs and appreciated the proximity of shutter speed and
aperture ring I've never realized that the two were sync'd for exposure
shifting.  While I now own an OM-4 (my first OM with spot meter beyond
the 2s) I've never actually used it yet.  I've  read about the spot
meter usage several times but I've never seen it so well explained.  But
I do wish the meter was expose to the right rather than expose to the
left.  :-)  It just seems to me that everything I own (cameras and
meter) all have the dial turning the wrong way to adjust exposure.  Oh,
well.

One confusion point:  You say "The OM-3Ti, not having the ability to
actually override your choice in shutter speeds, will allow you to set
the shutter-speed to any speed--including ones which exceed flash sync.
  I personally make use of this ability by dragging the shutter to
maintain a proper ambient exposure or for special effect."

I interpreted "exceed flash sync" as shutter speeds *faster* than 1/60.
  But the next sentence made it clear the you really meant *slower* than
1/60.  It might be better worded as "... including ones with are slower
than flash sync."

Chuck Norcutt