Re: [OM] nuisence messages

Subject: Re: [OM] nuisence messages
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:24:46 +1100 (EDT)
Hi John,

> No, they are coming directly into my in-box using the address I only use for
> list traffic.

I'm not seeing them but then the email address your are using for
the list could be picked up by an infected listee's PC or a bot trawling
or just about anything.

I wouldnt worry about it to much.

It's a fact of life that if you use an email address, it will end up
on a spammers list somewere.

As I run my own servers with RBL's/filtering, and ClamAV with
additional database's, only about 1 in 1000 spam's get through
but then I'm one of the lucky few :-)

If you know how to view the raw email including headers, feel
free to send it to me OFFLIST. If you use Outlook or Outlook express,
dont bother forwarding the email to me as they strip and/or
alter the headers.

I dont have any windows machines here at present so cant
even look to tell you what to do to view, then cut n paste the
headers. Do a search with Google or check help, it will probably
tell you how to do it.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.