Re: [OM] On free film...

Subject: Re: [OM] On free film...
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:01:40 -0500
That's why I was surprised to see how harsh the bokeh was on mine, since the
zuiko 85 is reputed to have very nice bokeh.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

On 12/2/08 7:52 PM, "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Shhesh,
The lens isn't noted for crummy bokeh. Jane Bown used it at F2.8
> for
her Queen portraits. I thought the 100/2.8 was in general a tad sharper

but Moose corrected my incorrect general impression. I wonder what
aperture
> was used by Chris. Perhaps the 100 F2 is the bokeh king for

portraits?
Mike

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2006/apr/02/featu
> resreview.review

Yeah, the bokeh sucks, and surprisingly, the lens is a
> Zuiko 85mm f2. I
bought the lens in Santa Fe because I got it for $50 and it
> looks nice,
near
perfect condition. It is a newer black-nose MC lens. I've
> always wanted
try the older silvernose version for comparison, since the
> optical
formula
changed on it over the years.

Archives: