Re: [OM] I feel so inferior

Subject: Re: [OM] I feel so inferior
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:21:59 -0600

> nonsense ... I do feel so inferior - I wish I could find a 300/4,5 in
> this shape :-(

I've seen a few 300/4.5 closet-queens.  Personally, I think the 300/4.5 is
the ultimate "sleeper lens".  It has bokeh that defies the f4.5 size.  This
lens is among the most perfect lenses, optically, ever made.  My problem
with it is the stiff focusing.  For much of what I do I can't get the lens
to keep up with me.  I'm sure the grease could be changed out, but I prefer
finger-tip focusing and every 300/4.5 I've tried required the better part of
my entire hand to turn the thing.

Tom Scales loaned me one to try out.  I was really pleased with it, but
alas, the time wasn't right.  One of you guys bought it.

AG