Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:24:44 -0500
A generic cap is probably just fine functionally.  But if you want to
keep it all "Olympus" for aesthetic reasons you can probably get new
caps from John Hermanson even though they are not listed on his site.
<http://zuiko.com/>

Failing that this fellow has some new 49mm OM caps on ebay for $4.99
with free shipping.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/49mm-Snap-On-Front-LENS-CAP-for-OLYMPUS-Zuiko-NEW_W0QQitemZ120326670039QQihZ002QQcategoryZ79002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Not important for the OMs but for lenses which have bayonet design hoods
the Tamron center-pinch type is far superior since it can be installed
and removed with the hood attached.   Not Tamron but similar...
<http://cgi.ebay.com/49-mm-49mm-Inner-Grip-Lens-Cap-Canon-Nikon-Sigma-Tamron_W0QQitemZ260314670125QQihZ016QQcategoryZ79002QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem>

Adorama also sells a similar cap made by Hama
<http://www.adorama.com/LNCH49.html>

Or, for the cheapest caps (and other accessories) see:
<http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/lenscaps.aspx>

Chuck Norcutt