Re: [OM] Coffee or Tea - Bad Vibrations

Subject: Re: [OM] Coffee or Tea - Bad Vibrations
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:12:58 +0100
I am always slightly amused about how big a deal people in the US make
of coffee, discussing this or that roast, Starbucks vs. smaller,
exotic chains etc. Here in Spain, you just go into any neighbourhood
cafe, ask for a "cafe solo" and you are all set. I need a couple in
the morning in order to be able to drive to work, then one after lunch
at work, and that's it.

There are some Starbucks in Spain, mainly in Barcelona and Madrid,
aimed at tourists. Their coffee is not as good as the neighbourhood
stuff but it is certainly passable. I do use Starbucks when I am in
London or other places where the indigenous coffee is not good.

I live by a simple rule: before sunset, only coffee, no beer; after
sunset: only beer, no coffee. Slightly modified in the summer when
sunset occurs too late for a literal application of the rule.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu