Re: [OM] Rhea, was: October Road Trip, Part 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Rhea, was: October Road Trip, Part 1
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:13:58 -0300
Well, now you understand why am I interested in photographing native
birds, one of the most difficult subjects I happened to find.
This one was fairly easy, because this charabón was obviously lost and
tired; but when you find a group of Ñandúes they are watching you and
won't let you closer than 100 meters, then run fast and hide. They are
raised in captivity too, as chicken, to eat cooked barbecued, and you
might eat their 30+ centimeter height eggs; they taste just like chicken
eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhea_(bird)

I prefer small birds for photography, but I only count with a 200/4 plus
2X-A. With my new OM 4, MLU and diaphragm stop-down prefire brought
excellent results. Not suitable for birds, but the spot meter is. I'm
waiting for a real fang 350/2.8 _  ;^)

Fernando.