Re: [OM] underwater photography

Subject: Re: [OM] underwater photography
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:41:59 -0800
WayneS wrote:

> I think the 30-60 foot dives are the most interesting and most safe,
> plus your tanks last longer. Once you get down to 60 feet, going
> deeper does not feel like much, but the effects on the body can be.
> They creep up on you. But the light is better, and the scenery
> is just as good.

Assuming a sunny day and clear water, to approximately would depth could one
expect to be able to take underwater photos with only natural light? I don't
see myself going anyplace very exotic any time in the foreseeable future.
I'd just like to explore some of the sub-tidal zone and estuaries along the
Oregon coast, probably some lakes, and maybe a trip up to the San Juan
Islands some day.

Darin