Re: [OM] underwater photography

Subject: Re: [OM] underwater photography
From: Jerry Smith <proud_texan63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:04:28 -0800 (PST)
  Underwater shots are even more hit and miss than general photography. I had
an Nikonos V for a few years and was lucky to get 3-4 decent shots per roll,
per dive. I started feeling that working that hard for a great shot or shots,
started to take away from the diving. So setting aside the camera and doing the
next dive without it started getting easier and easier. I have dove in Belize
before, all of us were previously certified, or certifiable, so all our dives
went off without a hitch. That was the first time I was within 3-4 feet of a
big barracuda, framed him  up and took the shot. I remember looking though the
shots after getting back home and I couldn't find my barracuda, looked though
the pack 4-5 times before I finally noticed a tail fin in an otherwise empty
shot. It took me that long to realize that in that 1/60th the camera took, that
cuda had turned 90 degrees away from me and had shot off 6 feet or so. The
shots didn't seem to get any
 easier, but the diving was always beautiful.I had always wanted to house one
of my OM's but couldn't never afford the housing, if you have the chance give
it a try.Jerry

Life is not a race, it is a ride. Enjoy it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proud-texan/