[OM] Re: [OT]Help! Vuescan B/W film scanning with Canon 8800F

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Help! Vuescan B/W film scanning with Canon 8800F
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:28:08 +0800
Moose,
Thanks for your explanation in details.

I scan all 135 B/W negative film with Vuescan + Nikon LS-40 film scanner
since the infrared clean is workable,  no problem at all (Nikon Scan fail to
apply ICE feature for B/W negative films).  Thus, I wonder why fail to work
for Canon 8800F. Actually I don't know what is different of ICE & infrared
clean but the result of infrared clean in Vuescan is pretty good. I seldom
scan films with Nikon software upon purchasing Vuescan since I will apply
IT8 ICC profile to scan slide films, lock film base color for negative
films, Nikon software fails to do these.

It's difficult to remove dusts after scanning as large as 120 medium format.
It makes me trouble without infared clean :-(

---
Michael