[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:20:37 -0500
OK, maybe as David suggests the problem others have had with the 2720s
USB adaptation has been not matching the SCSI type.  The 2720s requires
a SCSI-II card with a 25 pin female plug to match the male 25 pin plugs
at both ends of the scanner's cable.  The Adaptec 2906 SCSI-II card is a
perfect replacement for the Acard (brand) SCSI-II card shipped with the
scanner since that's what's installed in my own machine.  If you can get
an Adaptec USB/Firewire adapter that's compatible with their own Adaptec
2906 I'd say you've got a good chance of having it work.  email me
off-list if you'd like a 70 page (1.4MB) PDF of the 2720s user's manual.

Chuck Norcutt