[OM] Re: More comparisons [was Comparison shots]

Subject: [OM] Re: More comparisons [was Comparison shots]
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:00:18 +1100

> I have a newly acquired V700 but I have yet to scan a single piece of
> film.  However, I can attest to the use of film height
> adjusters in the
> film holders.  These are little plastic buttons about 10x20mm
> that snap
> into the holder frame at four points near the periphery.  The
> adjusters
> can be left out or installed in one of two positions which is
> determined
> by rotating the adjuster 180 degrees.  When the adjuster is
> out the film
> height is 2.5mm above the scanner window.  Installing the adjusters
> raises the height to either 3.0 or 3.5mm depending on position.  I've
> seen some sample scans with the adjusters in different
> positions but I'm
> hard pressed to see much of a difference in the scans.

I went through the exercise of doing test scans with the various
combinations of spacers and didn't notice a great difference between
positions however I could detect some difference.  With 120/220 film there
can easily be a sag of 2mm from the edges to the centre of the frame, so
that adds another variable.  Good luck in your quest !

...Wayne