[OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:00:36 -0500
I work for a telephone company.  It would not be in my best interest to have
Vonage.  ;)

Next power-outage we'll talk.  Oh, wait, maybe not.

Within the industry, we have something called "Five-Nines".  Five-nines for
a telephone carrier means something totally different than five-nines for an
ISP.

Doesn't mean we're not without our own faults and issues, but I haven't
encountered any 911 centers yet that had Vonage or Skype.

The dirty little secret in the telephone industry, though, is that we all
use cell-phones as backup communications....

AG