[OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?
From: AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:20:57 -0700 (PDT)
The garbles and delays were unbearable. I realize that slight delays and echoes
are acceptable but it was very bad. Vonage may have matured since then. At the
time I had cable not DSL. I would expect delays with DSL. I have DSL now and I
can barely watch a video.

Vonage uses SIP using the supplied box that you get when you sign-up.

What happened with the phone was that I had terminated Vonage not realizing
that it would affect the home phone #. I went to get the telcom service back up
and lost the original #.