[OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:55:51 +0100
You need an IR sender on your PC to upgrade the glass, John!

No, seriously, you have to mount the lens on the camera body, then connect
the camera to the PC - the online update procedure will find both body and
lens, and upgrade both.  If you have more than one lens, you have to swap
them around on the body and repeat ad lib.

Check your cable, I believe the E-510 connection is a proprietary
multi-function thingy, video and USB data.

--
Piers