[OM] Pol question

Subject: [OM] Pol question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:52:58 -0400
Finally able to find a rear 43mm pol for the Tamron 400/4. (10 buck
snipe)  It is a single piece of glass????  Every other pol, linear or
otherwise, always had two.  Must be a good reason to add the extra
glass.  I do have some pol film to put on the T28 or T32 for cross pol
purposes but perhaps that is a suboptimal way to construct them.  I
could see that perhaps a quarter wave retarder might be in the second
glass for a circular flavor but it struck me as very odd construction.
It is a bit of a pain to use with no way to rotate it externally unlike
the newer Tam 300/2.8 AF. Any ideas of the advantages of the usual two
glass construction?

Thanks,
Mike