[OM] Well, I did it...

Subject: [OM] Well, I did it...
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:54:02 -0400
Expensive jobbies, but mighty purty. Perhaps consider a nice 4T for
much less. I suppose one loss is being able to use TTL flash and drag
the shutter with the 4T as it just synchs at 1/60 in "auto" but does
have the nice faster shutter speed you were looking for. (no manual
shutter , thus always need batteries of course) Perhaps there are other
nuances with use of the F280 that I don't remember or never knew, but I
like my 4T for macro with mirror  lock up and aperture pre-fire  to
reduce vibration.  (as the MLU is linked to the self timer with
intermittent windy conditions  will use a shot filled bag onthe
lens/cam and in a small controlled experiment I couldn't consistently
tell them apart.)

Mike

http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/eSIF/om-sif/bodygroup/om3ti.htm

And lastly, I really do want an OM-3Ti some time in the future. For most
things, I do see myself preferring the beautiful simplicity of the
OM-1n, but the metering as well as the 1/2000th shutter speed are both
very desirable to me for the type of photography I do (macro, and
shallow DOF in daylight).