[OM] Re: Olympus ED 50-200mm f2.8/3.5 zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus ED 50-200mm f2.8/3.5 zoom
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:24:57 +0200
Hi John,

I have the older (non-SWD) version. I love it for its sharpness adn
robust feel. There is something I do not like about it though: In my
opinion it does not have smooth bekeh. If I focus on a bird that sits
before some branches, sometimes the OOF branches do look awfull, like
being  brighter at the sides than in the middle, or the other way
around, I do not remember for sure.

For the focussed part the lens is very sharp and I love it. I am
thinking of changing it for the newer version because of the bad bokeh,
but the E-3 has to come first.

Cheers,

Wiliam