[OM] Re: Addendum to query about successor to E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Addendum to query about successor to E1
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:33:24 +0200
Though our testing was rather unscientific, it did appear that a
Technorama shot
resolved the same, if not more, detail than a 10-shot panorama with an
E-3
and ZD 50-200 stopped down to optimum aperture.

I don't have a good enough scanner to show this (yet!!) this is from
looking
at the 6x17cm slide on a light table, and the panorama stitch on-screen.

But sure: I doubt if you will see differences in anything but the
hugest print.
The only reason to keep on using these old film cameras is because of
either the aesthetic appeal of the images, or because it's fun to use
them.

And, of course, if you don't shoot thousands of images, cost is a big
factor:
The digital equivalents are still pretty expensive compared to the MF
film cameras
(Technorama aside, in anyway).