[OM] Re: [SPAM] off camera flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] off camera flash?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:25:40 +1000
Really do like 107.
I've been playing that way too. I think I've posted this before -
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/103702454
As well as a low powered fill, there was a small, old Achiever flash
in her lap fired into the back of the ball. The front of it was
masked off down to a 10mm (3/8") hole and it was triggered from the
main flash with one of those cheap slaves - I've got a few out of
junk bins. Very hit or miss, frustrating with several shots flaring
into the lens or not triggering the 'spot flash' at all. Had good
response to this image - the mistiness in the ball is just smudged
fingerprints.
Picked up one of those old glass fibre fountain lights the other day
- the ones with colour diodes in the base to create effects at the
tips. Hoping to make a light pipe with it running the fibre up some
lightweight black PVC tube stuck on a cheap old flash. All I have to
do is find an idea to use it on.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx