[OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:29:33 -0400
It was an apropos comment on the possible smoke exposure issue. My 2nd
snipe was for a Tam 80-200 that had been used by someone who shot
musicians in smoky clubs. I think I could discern a warming color shift
with velvia. It had zoom creep.
Anyway I could not abide the lens in that condition though it was
probably fine for most purposes---sent it to Tamron.
The glass is now pristine but the zoom creep in less than 2 months of
light service I sent it back---they said it is not a macro lens and
that is "normal." Huh??

May not be relevant in your situation as it clearly was misrepresented
by the fraudulent seller, but the slight yellowing in my lens was
remedied by the cleaning.

Mike