[OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n Noise/Vibration

Subject: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n Noise/Vibration
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:12:31 +0200
Hi Group,

Well, I finally received my OM-1n, and I am very happy with the
condition of the camera, including working
meter (though I have not yet tested it, and it has not been converted
[yet]). This camera will be sent to John
from zuiko.com sometime in anyway, but I wanted to ask a question: Has
anybody noticed a distinct change in
terms of vibration / noise when one compares OM-1 to OM-1n ?

The reason I ask, is my colleague's OM-1 has a distinctly silky
smooth, quiet shutter (almost leica-like, it's
just beautiful), whereas my OM-1n has a distinctly snappier, more
focused, but louder shutter.

Where changes made to accommodate the motor drive, or is one of the
cameras out of adjustment? I sure hope it's
mine - it's still quiet, but not as stealth-like and silky as the
other (older, slightly more beaten) camera.

Anyway, as I said, a service will sort it out, but I was wondering
whether anybody has noticed such a difference?

regards,
Dawid