[OM] Re: OM-1 vs OM-1n Noise/Vibration

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 vs OM-1n Noise/Vibration
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:41:55 -0500
Different sounding shutters is something I've noticed between different OM
bodies.  However, I'm not sure why.  My OM-2S has the most beautiful sound,
but the OM-4T has a metallic twang that reverberates through the camera.
I'm not sure what's up with that.  My OM-2md had a similar ringing sound
too.  My OM-1md was perfect in every way and almost silky in sound.

Speaking of the OM-4T, I shot a wedding with it this weekend and was
slightly embarrased at the loud noise from it as compared to my E-1.  The
short-throw winder of the OM-4T is also much noisier than the OM-2S and
older models.

AG