[OM] Re: Greetings from a new member

Subject: [OM] Re: Greetings from a new member
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:45:15 +0200
Some say the f/2.0 has moustache-shaped distortion, and is less sharp than
the f/2.8 (nothing that a razor and a handful of shaving cream cannot cure,
anyhow :) but it is definitely better in the close focusing range (thanks to
the floating elements that the humble f/2.8 doesn't have).

I do own the f/2.8 and it is amazingly small, sharp and corrected.

Ciao!

Fabio

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The olympus.dementia.org site is pure gold, thank you so much for the
> reference!
>
> In anyway, in the opinion of you experienced OM shooters, is the 24mm
> f/2.0 worth
> it over the f/2.8 version? I am getting one in anyway, but I was
> wondering if there
> are any pertinent areas where the f/2.0 does worse than it's smaller,
> slower sibling?
>
> regards,
> Dawid
>
> On 24 Sep 2008, at 11:32 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
>

> > As Iwert has explained, Dawid, that was a tease.  Here's an image of a
> > 24/3.5 (for sale at www.ffordes.com , and no connection, it's not
> > mine!)
> >
> > <https://secure.ffordes.com/Shop/Images/used/370684.jpg>
> >
> > It is quite a bit bigger than the 24/2.0 and nearly 2x the weight -
> > you can
> > get all the detailed information from the renowned eSIF at
> > <http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm>, and parts diagrams
> > etc are at
> > <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/olympus_hw.html>
> >
> > --
> > Piers

The definitive answer to the meaning of life, universe and everything else
is: 42.