[OM] Re: Off site file backup?

Subject: [OM] Re: Off site file backup?
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:45:55 +0100
Hopefully something like Apple's time machine would allow for old
enough copies to avoid situations like that. But at what size level of
files to be backed up does the thing become so slow as to unworkable?
With my mediocre 2Mb download and 256k upload it seems a daunting task
to upload my 670Gb of data on my backup drive. I make that 726 hours
to upload or about 30 days. And that's without any network slowdown.
Carbonyte's 15 day trial wouldn't be much use.

It's great news that the service exists though. I currently take my
1Tb backup hard drive with me when I leave home for any significant
time (it went for a nice two week holiday in Brittany this summer),
but I still need something off-site.

James