[OM] Re: 5D MK II

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D MK II
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:52:44 +1000
Similar problems with Nikon. Can't remember the numbers but when
Nikon sent me the D700 without a charger or a battery (SNAFU) we
tried to bung a D80 battery in it. Same shape but a little plastic
protrusion makes it impossible to insert. I'll bet there's a really
good reason for that...obiously they speak different dialects of
Chinese.
Come to think of it, those EL batteries look almost identical to the
Canon 511's apart from having two contacts instead of three. (Or
three instead of two - can't be bothered to go look). We could
develop a conspiracy theory here that they are all the same apart
from cosmetic differences to control 'fit'. Evil corporate barstards!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx