[OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird

Subject: [OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:57:54 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Ounces? How antediluvian.

Tell that to the one who started the thread. When I respond to posts
from you and many others, I say colour, organise, etc. and work in
metric units - at least I try. When I respond to a thread quoting
weights in ounces, I respond in ounces.

I even know that pounds and ounces are measures of force, while grams
are a measure of mass, but I don't let get in the way of ordinary usages.

Personally, while I can work with it, I think the metric system is a
silly, completely unintuitive system inherited from a foolish effort to
reduce human communication and commerce to inhuman abstracts based on
some inaccurate measurements. An unfortunate leftover from the height of
the age of reductionism. But hey, that's just me.

Sure, the so called "English" system of weights and measures is
illogical. So are people, and I like 'em that way.

Moose

PS: Does it seem like the Moose has a burr under his saddle that last
couple of days? I wonder what that's about.