[OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:12:10 -0500
given the quality
of the older images, the latest and greatest scanners are not necessarily a
requirement.

I with you till this. Many of the older images (ie. med. format B&W) are
remarkable, and deserve wet darkroom printing. Scanner technology hit the
peak about twenty years ago, anyway, with some of the great drum scanners,
and the drum substitutes all peaked at least ten years ago.

I/v never been pleased with the flatbeds, so I got a Minolta MultiPro, and
am really pleased, but I built a wet darkroom anyway.

Bill Pearce