[OM] Re: 5dmarkII

Subject: [OM] Re: 5dmarkII
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:21:43 +1000
I'll be in the queue.
Compact - er, why? That's dumb. 'Grip!'
Million pixel LCD with orientation sensor - thank goodness.
Same high ISO as Nikon but with a native base of 100, not 200 (no L2
needed).
Weathersealed - yay! The D700 isn't. Neither does the D700 do movies
although the D90 does.
I don't think I've ever actually shot a movies with a cam - but I
might give it a go now.
The D90 actually shoots 720p and interpolates to 1080 as I understand.
Significantly cheaper than the D700 and the Sony with which it is a
closer comparison (nice grip on the a900).
The Nikon is beginning to look like the poor kid in this category -
beaten on features and pickles.
Isn't this exciting?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx