[OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:42:11 -0500
Bill,

You have identified my situation fairly closely.  I purchased an older
Minolta 35mm scanner last year and used it to digitize 50 years of
accumulated negatives and slides.  Many of these were stored in cigar boxes,
not shoe boxes.

I then looked at my late father-in-law's collection of large format
negatives and prints, and purchased an older Epson flatbed scanner.  I have
begun work on these inherited images, but have quite a way to go to finish
with them.

Scanners are a valuable tool in preserving the past, but, given the quality
of the older images, the latest and greatest scanners are not necessarily a
requirement.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA