[OM] Re: Scary moment

Subject: [OM] Re: Scary moment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:50:05 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> Moose,
>
> I thought of that for my adapter, but, since I have not disassembled it to
> see the actual engagement of the set screws, I also considered using epoxy to
> join the two parts, with the set screws used only as final clamping devices.
> ..., I don't forsee any need to take them apart if they are joined
> permanently.
>
> Any comment on this approach?

I said I would use Loctite, not that you should. I futz with things,
finding bits and pieces to do whatever crosses my mind. So I hesitate to
permanently stick things together. They way I figure it works is:

A. If I epoxy two parts together, it won't be too long before one of
those parts would have been the perfect thing for a project.

B. If I don't epoxy them together, I'll never need either part separately.

Choice B is less hassle. Hence Loctite.

If I really thought the adapter was too weak even with the screws
properly secured, I'd consider epoxy.

OM to EOS adapters are one piece, so I have no worries for now and the
JBWeld stays in the drawer.

Moose