[OM] Re: Another unknown Zuiko-OM lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Another unknown Zuiko-OM lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 02:11:01 -0700
The difference from prototype to production design may be nothing more
than a decision to standardize the filter thread on all the new f2
lenses at 55mm.

A good decision, too, if the past expressed opinions of those on this
list are any indication.

Fabio Fiorellato wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I was just browsing the wonderful Olympus wallpapers set available on the
> olympus.co.jp site, when something strange caught my attention in this pic:
>
> http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/fun/wallpaper/camera/dl.cfm?id=117&type_id=4&la=en
>
> <http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/fun/wallpaper/camera/dl.cfm?id=117&type_id=4&la=en>

Nice catch!
> It shows the wideangle lenses that were available for our beloved OMs back in
> the good ol' days,
That depends on when the good old days were. The F2 wide angles, 50/2
and 90/2 macros and 100/2 are all relatively late lenses, from the
perspective of one who started with an OM-1 in about 1974. They all have
55mm filter threads.

All the original lenses except the 50/1.4 were slower, smaller, lighter
and almost all with 49mm threads.

Moose