[OM] Re: Viveza ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Viveza ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:41:54 -0400
Two simple uses for masks for portraiture

1) Sharpen the image as normal for printing
2) Add a mask
3) Using the paint bucket fill the mask with black paint
    (which reveals the underlying original image)
4) Blow the image up large and, using the paint brush with white paint,
brush around the eyes, eyebrows, nostrils, lips, teeth and (maybe)
earlobes and jewelry on women.
5) You've just done selective sharpening while leaving the rest of the
face and skin unsharpened and smoother looking.

1) Add a new layer with duplicate image
2) Use a gaussian blur until the skin is suitably soft looking and
wrinkles have been diminished
3) Add a mask layer
4) paint on the mask with black paint around the eyes, eyebrows, etc as
above.  You have just softened the skin while leaving the key points of
the face much sharper.

Chuck Norcutt