[OM] Re: Back to film!

Subject: [OM] Re: Back to film!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:53:05 +1000
On 04/08/2008, at 4:23 PM, Moose wrote:

> Andrew Fildes wrote:
>> Yeah, right.
>> Using the Lubutel at the weekend -
>> - assess DOF, set appropriate aperture, incident meter with minolta
>> 4F, set shutter speed, compose, focus, check focus scale for
>> agreement, cock, fire, wind on...
>> Nothing to it.
>>
> Using the Holga -
>
> Optional:
> - If interested, guess distance.
> - Set the joke focusing indicator either at the setting approximating
> the guess, or somewhere else.
> - Point camera
>
> Required:
> - Click shutter
> - Wind on
>
> Nothing to it.
> Quite spontaneous.

Ah yes - I see my mistake now. I'm actually trying to take a
photograph. I must try and get over this obsessive compulsion. I've
got a Colourflash DeLuxe somewhere (Diana cousin). I'll get it out
and try and do better.

Incidentally - since I got the Mavica, I've got interested in early
digitals - particularly those below 1mp. Some of them are truly weird
- before the body designs settled down into the same old pattern.
Especially early Kodak DC models, some of the other old Sony's and so
on. If anyone has or trips over any, I'd be interested.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx