[OM] Re: Back to film!

Subject: [OM] Re: Back to film!
From: nsurit@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:41:12 -0400

So many people shoot Holga's/other types of vintage cameras these days and are
not concerned with things like focus, depth, etc. They just hit the shutter and
let it happen.

While taking a class at a local place on instruction I met one of the
instructors who used Holga or Holga like cameras almost exclusively.? I was a
bit puzzled by their romance with these cameras and took a somewhat "better
than thou" position about my using real cameras.? This conversation occurred in
my head exclusively as it wasn't a position I felt need expressing verbally.?
Somewhere along the line I picked up a?Holga and thought I might try to see
what the fascination was with these cameras.? What I discovered was that not
all images captured with these cameras need to look like they were?created with
little thought of what the photographer was doing.? Yes, it does help to know
such things as depth of field, compostion, exposure, etc. when working with
these are similar cameras.My?use of the Holga and Diana cameras has resulted in
one or the other usually being in my kit most of the time.? It has also
resulted in my having images in the last two Krappy Kamera Competitio
 ns.? My suggestion is to "Try it,?you will like." or perhaps you may like it.?
toycamera.com and?apug.org each have some interesting stuff made with these
simple cameras.? <{B^)? Bill Barber??