[OM] Re: Tele Football shots, was: Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Tele Football shots, was: Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:35:58 -0500
 >Concerning camera shake, now we're talking more complex math and I like
the
>"1/focal-length rule of thumb for 35mm format".

Personally, I use that rule to apply to EQUIVELENT 35mm format.  For
example, if you can handhold a 50mm lens on a 35mm camera to 1/60th of a
second, I extend that to mean that I need 1/90 to handhold an 80mm lens on a
645 camera.  For my 4/3 camera, also work in the same equivelents:  I get
satisfactory performance handholding my 200/4 lens on the E-1 at 1/400 of a
second.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx