[OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:29:11 +1000
I reviewed the F30 just before they switched to F31 - I deliberately
shot a great deal at 800 iso. The results were damn good - I wish I'd
bought the bloody thing as they are unobtanium now. I've owned the
Leica version of the LX-2, shot several other Panasonics and quite a
few other compacts. I haven't anything as good as the F30 for high
ISO performance.
I just went back and dug out an original file. No modifications or
adjustments at all - 800 iso and straight out of the little beast.
<http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/100907451>
  - and a 100% crop from foreground -
<http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/100907452>
Now, that looks pretty good to me for 800 iso in a compact.
The 1600 and 3200 settings look pretty ugly at 100% but would make
useable 6x4's.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx