[OM] Oly E-510 With Legacy Lenses

Subject: [OM] Oly E-510 With Legacy Lenses
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:05:14 -0500
One reason I chose the E-510 as my first DSLR was because adapters were
available to permit me to experiment with lenses that I already owned.  I first
purchased a Fotodiox M42 to 4/3 adapter, and, recently, added a focus
confirmation chip from TagoTech. Because of the quality of the Zuiko 14-54
lens, I did not expect better photos from my legacy lenses, just something
different.

The first example was made with a Pentax Takumar 55/1.8 lens.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Vincas.tif.html

The second example was made with a Soligor 35/2.0 CD(computer designed) lens.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Small+Butterfly.tif.htm

Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA