[OM] Re: OT...but photographic

Subject: [OM] Re: OT...but photographic
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:31:06 -0700
> From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>       I am VERY tempted by a "trade in" at my local friendly
> photographic dealer. He has just taken in in part exchange a Mamiya RB
> kit...
> I do NOT need another camera BUT......
> What do you all think?

MF combines all the disadvantages of LF (weight) and 35mm (neg too
small), IMHO, without giving you lens motions, which (again, IMHO) is
worth the weight of LF.

If you're just looking for a new toy that you'll get tired of after a
few rolls, go for it. But if you are looking for an adventure that
will keep you scratching your head and trying new things, go LF.

(I'm still trying to figure out how to economically do lens motions
with digital. My Lensbaby is cute and fun, but severely limited in
that respect.)

:::: We have squandered our planet's resources, including air and
water, as though there were no tomorrow, so now there isn't going to
be one. -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::