[OM] Re: OT...but photographic

Subject: [OM] Re: OT...but photographic
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:18:15 +1000

> Mamiya still makes lenses for the RB, there have been at
> least 3 different generations of RB lenses and the 70's would
> have been the earliest. I don't have an RB but I have a 645
> Super with 1990's era Mamiya lenses and they virtually never
> flare. I suspect that newer RB lenses would be similar.

I have mainly the "C" lenses and haven't noticed the flare to be worse than
any other lenses I use.  The "C" lenses are multicoated and the prior series
were single coated, the newer KL series are reputed to be marginally better
optically.

You should be using the appropriate Mamiya hoods with any of these lenses or
you can use the compendium style hood which is adjustable to different focal
lengths.

...Wayne