[OM] Re: 7-14 Price

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14 Price
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:44:24 -0500
Moose wrote:
>I think horizontal angle of view is the more valid comparison for super
>wide. Calculated on that basis, 12mm on FF is 10% wider than 7mm on 4/3,
>112.6 vs. 102.4.

I'd suggest that the ONLY commonality you can really use is "short-side
dimension" as this is the the limiting factor in almost all output uses.  In
otherwords, vertical angle of coverage.  Otherwise, the the longer formats
always have an advantage in comparative numbers, but rarely does that pan
out (no pun intended) in actual printed use.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx