[OM] Re: (Wildly OT) Electric heaters

Subject: [OM] Re: (Wildly OT) Electric heaters
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:13:20 +0200
I heard on the news today that the price of oil had strated to fall in
the USA.

we stayed with oil when we did our renovations and replaced our 5000l
tank with three 1000litre ones which we hope should last a year.
but I am waiting to see if the price dips now so we can top them up. We
did have a new roof and that has 8inch plus of insulation so we hope we
need less oil now.

I bought a ceramic heater to keep us going while we had no heating when
they changed over, but I didn't unpack it and will keep it for use in
the garage, so I can't comment on how good it is yet.

A colleague at work has an electric transfer pump (transfer heat from
kitchen to other rooms etc)which costs him annually 350 Swiss francs
(about 350 dollars) for his heating, but the whole house was designed
and insulated for this, unfortunately our house is to old to have the
same system

IanW