[OM] Re: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimick Most

Subject: [OM] Re: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimick Most
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 21:42:43 -0500
As you all may remember,  I'm comparing OM and E-3 photo's -- basically,
I've taken several hundred where I took the same picture (equivalent
lenses etc.) with an OM-4 and OM-2,  and the E-3.   My purpose is to
better understand both, but also draw some conclusions.   I haven't
completed the comparisons (something about working to earn wherewithal for
the E-3 and the film/processing),  but I do have an opinion on this point
in this thread.

It's that digital behaves - in my opinion - much more like transparency
film than print film.  It's primarily an issue of dynamic range and
(related) forgiveness of exposure.   For example, I found much more
difference in just the .3 stop bracketing in digital.  Much more.

Bob Benson

PS:  I'll have a fuller report soon.