[OM] Re: Monitor accuracy, was: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimic

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor accuracy, was: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimick
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:09:53 -0700
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have read somewhere that the useful life of a CRT ranges from about
> 3-6 years...  I'm seriously considering another CRT after recently
> discovering that the NEC 21" is still being made.

Don't do it! Environmentally, flat screens are so much better.

Not only do they last longer, but they use less energy.

Yea, there is some cheap crap out there. But the more expensive ones
are very nice indeed.

Otherwise, you're just going to add several pounds of lead to the
toxic disposal problem in a few short years, not to mention lots of
CO2 emitted in the interim for the extra ~100 watts or so you'll be
using with the CRT.

:::: Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating
yourself. -- George Bernard Shaw ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::