[OM] IMG: Grab Shot Made With Short Notice

Subject: [OM] IMG: Grab Shot Made With Short Notice
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:28:04 -0500
Yesterday, my wife and I were observing a Swallowtail butterfly on the Lantana
box on our patio.  After observing for about ten minutes, my wife asked me if I
could get a photo to help her compare the insect to book illustrations.  I
grabbed my E-510 and Zuiko 14-54, set it to 54mm and left all else to chance.
Sneaking out the door, I got two shots before the Swallowtail decided I was too
close and moved on.

Thanks to auto focus and auto exposure, I got a useful image.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Swallowtail.tif.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA